Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Many Hairdo's of Madeline Grace

Madeline's hair is out of control. It's cute, but it definitely has a mind of its own. I am always trying to figure out what to do with it, and lately I've come up with a few new looks.

This one is the "I just woke up and I don't care what my hair looks like" style. It's very easy to achieve. Basically, she wakes up, and we go. I think she pulls it off really well. And I love that it looks like it took us NO time at all. Because it didn't. 
Now this next look is a little more "done." It's basically a really high pony tail using all of the top hair and leaving the bottom hair down. It's great for a day at the park, church, even a casual birthdy party. One of the best parts is the opportunity to use matching bows. This takes an ordinary outfit and gives it a little something extra. As you can see, Madeline is especially proud of this look. 

For this look, we just make high pigtails instead of a ponytail. It is imperative to use two matching bows. This is not an every day do, but can be pulled off once in a while with the right outfit. 
This last hairdo is a new one. It was discovered while shopping at Kohl's yesterday. It's an older style, but pigtail braids are a classic look that will never go out of style. 


Does anyone have any other suggestions that we haven't tried? We are always open to new ideas...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, i'd like to see the "slicked back and parted down the middle" Hair-do. This one never goes out of style, especially for infants! -Kellianne :)

P.S. She's just so dang cute no matter what her hair looks like!!

johnsonandjohnson said...

I totally know what you mean! Emily's hair is long and we pretty much always have the pebbles hairstyle going---or the pigtails. I like the headband a lot too, but Emily pulls the ones we have out. I need to buy her one of the thicker ones.

Anonymous said...

I think she looks older in the one with the pigtails.

...Now I don't know if her hair is long enough yet, but Melissa and I both had a lot of "hair luck" with the permed bob. Just something to think about as her hair gets longer.

I also don't know if you remember, but i used to do a pretty wicked french braid back in the day. (Seriously though, I used to french braid your hair!?!?)