Friday, April 3, 2009

Disneyland


Jon took the day off yesterday and we went to Disneyland. It was the first time just the three of us have gone since we got our passes, and it was really nice! We didn't do much because it was pretty busy, but we took Madeline on the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm not sure if she was tired, or if it was too scary for her, but she wasn't too happy on the Pirates ride. After that we just walked around. She was sleepy, but didn't want to go to sleep. There were too many exciting people and things to look at!
Madeline is very observant.( I know I sound like such a first time Mom, don't I?) She will pick a person who she finds interesting and either stare them down for quite a while, or smile at them until they don't know what to do anymore. It's funny, cute, and sometimes awkward! She likes to flirt too, obviously got that from Jon! She will smile at a man, then shyly bury her head in me, then peek up and smile, and then play shy again.
These pictures of Jon and Madeline just make me think about the fact that he is SUCH a good dad. I am so thankful and blessed. He could not be any more in love with our little girl. He helps a TON with things like feeding her, putting her down, getting her stuff together before we go somewhere(my least favorite thing to do for some reason), and of course, playing with her.( But, that's not really a job, that's just fun.) In fact, after Disneyland, Jon dropped me off at a restaurant for a friend's surprise birthday party, and he took Madeline home and took care of feeding and putting her to bed. And he didn't mind at all. I feel like that is how it should be, because we are a team and she is both of ours, but I'm still very appreciative!

Madeline loves her dad too! She lights up with the biggest smile whenever she sees him.








1 comment:

Lyonslove said...

So cute! I would love to go to Disneyland with you. I can't do it by myself with the 2 kids yet, but soon I think!