Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Project

I woke up the other morning and had a sudden desire to take care of my poor garden that I have neglected for the past year and half. When I say neglected, I mean it was full of weeds and dead plants, so I had to pull everything up . I am very excited to start gardening again. Madeline came outside with me and sat on a blanket. She loved being outside in the sun and watching me. She did not like it if I went inside to grab something, even if I was only gone a minute. The second she couldn't see me, I heard a little cry begin. Sweet girl. I explained to her that I love her more than life itself, and I will always come back for her. Always. I think she understood.


This is after I tore up all the weeds. I wound up taking out the roses as well, because sadly, they were full of disease.






Such a serious face. I think she was contemplating how her mother looks so beautiful even when she is full of dirt and sweat. :)



Happy girl!



Madeline loves Sapp!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

How great we just planted our first garden on Tuesday. We can't wait to see it grow and to enjoy the vegetables.

Brazenlilly said...

Steph, she is so adorable! I love her. (and I really miss the sunshine.) Being outside almost always seems to perk babies up, and something about it makes them a little more sleepy. Win-win! Although I can't believe she loves being so close to a huge dog!

Anonymous said...

She is so yummy I could just eat her!!! I miss you!!!!
Love you, Kel :)