Friday, June 5, 2009

Experiment




Yesterday morning,I had a last minute idea, and I decided to try it out. Jon and I were hanging out with Madeline in our pajamas, and I told him I needed to go to Target before we left for Palm Springs in the afternoon. I went into the bathroom, and that's when I decided to try a little experiment. I was wearing pajama shorts and a tank top, no make-up, no bra, no shoes, no brush through my hair, nothing. I walked out of the bathroom, put my purse over my shoulder, and said, "Ok babe, I'm heading to Target. Need anything?". He looked up at me. Seriously...looked right at me, and said, "no thanks." He didn't notice.
I pointed out to him my current condition, and he laughed and agreed that he hadn't really noticed even though he looked right at me.
Someone please remind me why spend $150 on blonde highlights every other month when my husband didn't notice that I was going to Target in my pajamas?!

I am writing this blog with a smile on my face because even though he may not always notice when I get a new shirt or do something different with my hair, I know that he loves me and thinks I'm beautiful no matter what I do. And, knowing that means the world to me.

4 comments:

Jewels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jewels said...

Steph- that is so cute! I wish I could say the same for my husband but he is the opposite. He is the first to say "Are you going to wear that?" No that he does not love me the way I am but he grew up with 2 sisters who made him so paranoid he was ironing his t-shirts in Jr. High. After our wedding he was sad I was going to shower because he said my eyebrows would never look the same! What guys notices that? On another note can I just say I hate paying for highlighting my hair!!! It seems like such a waste and yet it makes me feel so good. Hope you are well! Love you

Brazenlilly said...

Ha! You are right--it's a blessing and a curse. But the blessing is that he sees YOU, the woman he loves, even when you think you are at your worst. I'm so glad you shared this funny story!

Kristi said...

that is awesome. btw. i LOVE to play that game. i do it with my kids too. but you know me...usually it involves me in my undies...a tank top...a pair of boots...and a hat. my kids think that is the funniest thing ever. and lexi always says in her brooklyn old lady accent, " you can't go to target with NO PANTS on!"