Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ice Cream Blues


I worked out this morning-hard. An amazing woman at my church leads an intense core conditioning class from her garage on Tuesday and Thursday morning. I'm talking intense. Last week, after going for the first time, I could hardly walk for two days. This morning, it was a bit better, but still very difficult. The lunges up and down the driveway were a high point, if that tells you anything. 
I came home determined to eat healthy, and had some low fat cottage cheese and pineapple.It hit the spot.  Everything was going well until about an hour later when I decided to open up the freezer and have "just a bite or two" of the Hagen Daz mint chip ice cream that I stupidly bought recently, even thought I am trying to lose that baby weight. I can't resist mint chip!
So, a bite turned into three, and after doing that a few times, I did a weight watchers no-no and decided that I had already messed up, so I may as well finish it off. And I did. 
Why do I work so hard, only to spoil the calories I burned by finishing off a pint of the most fattening ice cream around?
If only we could lose weight by desire alone, I'd be set. But, I guess very few things in life are acquired that way. We usually have to work for the things that we really want. 
I think I'll go for a jog later and burn off some of that ice cream...

6 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Oh, Steph, I hear ya. I've decided that--for me--the major weightloss battles are lost or won at the grocery store! My current weakness is chocolate covered raisins and Kettle Chips. May I recommend Healthy Choice fudgesicles? They are 100 calories and do not taste "diety" at all. You get 20 for $10 at Costco. :) I'm right there with you! Except you have some big bonus points for your workout. Good job!

Diane Davis said...

i'll trade my extra weight for yours...

Tara said...

You know I feel your pain!! I've actually been gaining weight BACK the last few weeks! AAAH!

edie said...

Sounds like my philosophy. The other day I was eating some chips and I thought, "if I finish this bag off it will no longer pose a temptation for me." Great logic, I think.

Seriously though, you worked your butt off in someone's garage. You deserved every bite.

Sarah said...

Yeah, I'm with Edie. Not only that I, like her, finish the whole bag thinking, "It won't be a temptation later," but the fact that you worked your butt off in someone's garage, holy cow!!

My theory is, "9 months up, 9 months down." Your dear Mads is not even 3 months old, sweet Steph! Be kind to yourself! :)

Inch by inch, little by little, bit by bit, precept upon precept ...

Lyonslove said...

I am so glad that I got to see you this week. You look so good and are such a good and mellow mom.