Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sadie Hawkins

Not only did we go to Sadie Hawkins this year, but I "asked" Jon, like we were still in college. Yes, I've come a long way since we got married a few years ago and I didn't really want to do anything that had to do with the college that we didn't have to. 
It was a last minute idea, and I recruited Ember to do it with me and ask Chris too, so I wouldn't feel like as much of a dork. So, when Chris and Jon came out of their meeting, there was a trail of Hershey kisses leading to their offices. 



Then there was a poster telling them to figure out the question by putting the cupcakes that were in their offices together.

  When in proper order the cupcakes said, "Now that we've kissed the ground you walk on, will you be our dates to Sadies?"

It was silly but fun, and they were very pleasantly surprised that we did this for them. 
They even "answered" us by taking us to Cheesecake Factory and having the waitress write "yes" with chocolate syrup on out dessert plates. More silliness, but still fun. 
Sadies was at Magic Moutain, and, if you're like me and haven't been there in a while, it's not the family amusement park it used to be. It is in bad need of remodeling, and because of gang problems, you have to walk through metal detectors to get in! But, there were no lines whatsoever, and it has amazing roller coasters, so we had a blast. Also, it's October, so it was Fright Fest that night, which meant that people in terribly disturbing costumes were wandering around jumping out at people. I chickened out on the maze.(The theme was circus sideshow freaks..no thank you. That's a creepy enough idea in real life.) But, I did my fair share of jumping and screaming, nonetheless. 
Over all, it was such a fun day. I'm really glad that we went!
 

5 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

That is super sweet. Who watched Madeline? I think it's probably good for your marriage to act like you are dating again. Brings back some fun memories! (It seems earlier than when we were in school?)

Diane Davis said...

weren't you supposed to dress exactly the same?

Stephanie said...

That's so 1990's Diane!! Just kidding. :) There were only a few couples who actually did that. I guess things have changed since we were students! And, Jen, my sisters happily watched Madeline for me.

Lyonslove said...

Steph your hair looks so cute and so difference. I love it. It was up on Monday and I couldn't really tell.
I am glad that you guys had a great time.

edie said...

Too cute, Steph. I think I asked my high school boyfriend to Sadies the same way. Some things never grow old.

I haven't been to Magic Mountain in years! How fun. And good move on avoiding the maze. Circus sideshow freaks? That's terrifying.