Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tribute to a Friend





Last night I spent the afternoon/night with a very special family. I have only known them for about two years, but they have become very dear to me, and they really are family now. Priscilla Tyree is an incredible woman who I am blessed to call my friend. Her husband George passed away just over one year ago, and she is now raising their four, beautiful children, without her high school sweetheart and best friend of 25 years. She is an amazing mom, and although it is difficult, she is doing a phenomenal job. She is committed to her God, her children, her family and her church family. She is joyful and loving and puts others first. She is honest about her challenges and pain, yet never complains. She trusts God even though her life is not how she would have imagined it, and her faith is strong. I can see why George waited nine years for you to make up your mind, Priscilla. You are an amazing woman, and I know he is proud.



On a much lighter note, we went to Hotel Del Coronado last night in San Diego for their Family Holiday Celebration. It was great! It is a gorgeous, old hotel, and it is especially beautiful and festive at Christmastime. It had an outdoor ice skating rink, right next to the ocean. They had fireworks, games, and Santa too. We mostly enjoyed the ice skating and peppermint mochas. I hope this becomes a Christmas tradition for us.

 Nope, it's not a ski, it's a skate! There's nothing funny about size 11. 



Miles was too little to skate, but he had fun watching.




Sophia, me, and Makenzie tearing it up on the ice. The picture does not do justice to our mad skills. 

Camille took a little break...it was hard work making everyone else look bad. 



Sophia discovered a new love. She was awesome!


This is my buddy. I love this little girl. 


The elves love her too!

The future US Olympic Ice Skating team...



I love you, Tyrees! You are an amazing family. Thanks for letting me be a part of your lives. 




1 comment:

Diane Davis said...

i love friend tributes. :)