Friday, December 26, 2008

Madeline's First Christmas

So, I uploaded the pictures in order, but it flips them around. (Does it do that for everyone?) So, instead of taking the time to switch it all, I'm just going to tell you about our day in reverse order!

We ended the night at Melissa's for a lovely time of desserts and singing carols. She has hosted this the past few years, and it has become a really nice tradition. I love ending the day by focusing on what Christmas is really about...dessert! Haha. But really, she has some scriptures for people to read, we sing and worship, and the highlight is Becca singing "Oh Holy Night". Melissa is an amazing hostess. She made four wonderful desserts last night! And, her tree is combination of store bought and homemade ornaments. She has popcorn strings, dried apples and oranges, and a few other things she did herself as well. I was very impressed. The next several pictures are of our night at Melissa's.








I just have to mention here that when Becca is around, I don't see much of Madeline. She wants to do everything, and I don't mind at all. I love that she loves Madeline so much!




These next pictures are from earlier in the day. We went to my parents around ten to have breakfast and open presents. Madeline's pile was HUGE, and 90% of her gifts were from my mom and dad. I think my mom is a little out of control, but she is having fun, so I won't complain. They bought her a high chair(much needed), toys, books, and clothes, etc. She also got books and clothes from her aunties, including a really cute Roxy dress from Lissa, and sparkly silver Converse from Becca. So fun!!Of course, we got her some things as well. Her main present from us was a new Britax, cowprint carseat. She has totally grown out of her infant car seat! She is much more comfortable in her new one, and she'll be in it until she's about 6!

This is her in front of her pile of presents. Her face in the first one is very funny. She's saying, " Quit taking pictures of me and let me open these presents!"






The rest of the pictures are random pictures from the day. A picture of me and Madeline for you Diane. My sweet grandparents. Jon and Madeline, Madeline in her Christmas dress, etc. Enjoy!







I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

We are leaving Sunday for Utah. We will be at a ski resort with Jon's parents for about 5 days. So, stay tuned for pictures of Madeline's first snow!

8 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Stephanie, she is gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting great pics so quickly. The picture in front of her pile of presents is AWESOME! I loved the comment about Becca too. :) Aunties are wonderful and it just warms your heart to see them love your baby so much! Happy First Christmas to Madeline! Give her some long-distance kisses. :)

Brazenlilly said...

Oh, and BTW, yes, you have to upload the pictures in reverse order. :) The most recent one you upload will always be on the top of the post.

Kristi said...

Oh I love all these precious pics and the memories of a baby's first Christmas! :o) So sweet.

Anonymous said...

Are those other kids adopted? I don't recognize them. Madeline is a perfect combo of you and Jon! So cute. -Kel :)

Stephanie said...

Yes! Did I not mention that we adopted two kids? oops. :) They are Laura and Scott Rosencranz's kids, Jack and Elizabeth.

Tara said...

Too, too cute! I think she's a mini-Steph!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love the little scrunched up face she is making in the last picture. So cute! I agree with Tara. She looks so much like you. Hope you are having fun. Stay warm!
Becca

Lyonslove said...

My pictures do the same thing. I love all of the pictures! I looks like you guys had a great time. I am glad that Tanner gave her her first gift!